Carol of the (Alert) Bells: 2020 Nissan Leaf's sound effects create their own Christmas music
Jingle, jingle, jingle. It's not just Santa Claus that you hear. There's a new Christmas carol out this holiday season and it features the sounds of the 2020 Nissan Leaf.
For the 2020 model year, the Leaf received several updates that including warning sounds. The two pedestrian safety sounds received updates in tone and volume. For the U.S. market, the all-electric Nissan Leaf makes a constant tone (known as "Canto," derived from the Latin verb for "I sing") for forward movement under 18.6 mph and a pulsing chime when reversing.
The volume of these sounds was updated to meet the standards of the U.S. electric vehicle regulations that go into effect Sept. 1, 2020. An additional speaker has been added to the engine compartment to aid in the compliance.
The creative team at Urban Green Lab put those sounds to use, combining them with "Jingle Bells" and "Angels We Have Heard on High" to create a unique holiday melody. Take a listen.
Also new for the 2020 model year, the Nissan Leaf comes with Nissan's Safety Shield 360 technology, a suite of six advanced active safety and driver-assist technologies.
The 2020 Nissan Leaf will arrive at dealerships in the coming weeks.
- Nissan and EVgo partner to install 200 new Fast Chargers ... ›
- Nissan teams with Turo for first-of-its-kind test drive program ... ›
- Nissan Energy Perks by EVgo gives Leaf owners $250 in charging ... ›
- The new Nissan EV Driver Etiquette guide establishes best practices for EV drivers - AutomotiveMap ›
- Nissan Re-Leaf is a high-voltage disaster relief specialist - AutomotiveMap ›