Vintage & Classics
Honda expands Super Tuner Legends Series to 18 Hot Wheels Legends Tour stops in 2020
The Hot Wheels Legends Tour is coming to 18 cities this year, culminating in one vehicle being chosen at the SEMA Show to be represented as a How Wheels car. The Honda Super Tuner Legends Series will be coining along for the ride at each stop.
The Honda Super Tuner Legends Series is an exclusive, live custom tuner component of the Legends Tour. Last year, the Legend Series was present at four Legends Tour events. It was so popular that Honda decided to expand it.
According to a release, Honda's Legends Series will feature a panel of expert judges that will select one Honda vehicle from each Legends Tour event as a Honda Super Tuner Finalist. The finalists will then compete to earn the "Honda Super Tuner" title, which includes an opportunity to display their vehicle at the 2020 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, November 3-6, 2020.
"We celebrated the highly successful 2019 Hot Wheels Legends Tour by taking a one-of-a-kind 1972 Honda N600 to SEMA, and we look forward to finding another special Honda vehicle to honor during the 2020 Legends Tour," said Bruce Garfield, Licensing and Brand Manager at American Honda Motor Co., Inc. "Honda and Mattel have enjoyed a long, successful relationship, and we look forward to what the future holds for our fans and the tuner community."
The Honda Super Tuner Legends Series will take place in parking lots of designated Walmart Supercenter stores in each host city of the Hot Wheels Legends Tour, with the exception of the May 16 event in the Los Angeles area, which will be hosted at Mattel's headquarters in El Segundo, California.
Dates for this year's tour include:
- March 7 - Miami, Florida
- March 21 - Tampa, Florida
- April 4 - Atlanta, Georgia
- April 18 - Houston, Texas
- April 25 - Dallas, Texas
- May 16- El Segundo, California
- May. 30 - St. Louis, Missouri
- June 6 - Rogers, Arkansas
- June 20 - Boston, Massachusetts
- July 11 - Detroit, Michigan
- July 25 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- August 8 - Denver, Colorado
- August 15 - Salt Lake City, Utah
- August 29, Portland, Oregon
- September 12 - San Jose, California
- September 26 - Los Angeles, California
- October 10 - San Diego, California
- October 17 - Phoenix, Arizona
As part of the event, attendees will be able to learn about Honda's history with Hot Wheels and see some of the most interesting Honda tuner vehicles in each region. Hot Wheels has offered 1:64 die cast models of the Honda CR-X, Honda Civic EF, Honda Civic Coupe, Honda Civic Si, Honda Monkey Z50, Honda Racer 5, Honda S2000, and Honda Odyssey.
- Honda celebrates 60 years in the U.S. with 15 builds at SEMA ... ›
- Hot Wheels crowns "Nashhole" a winner in Las Vegas, new model ... ›