New Model News
2020 Honda Civic Type-R gets revised suspension, new brakes, fresh styling
Honda's most race-ready version of the Civic is getting a makeover for the 2020 model year designed to help improve its driving dynamics and keep up with the market's technology trends.
Changes start at the front where the model has gotten a larger grille opening and improved engine cooling. The 2020 Type-R will be available in an exclusive Boost Blue paint color.
The Boost Blue paint job on this Civic Type-R is new for the 2020 model year. Photo courtesy of American Honda Motor Co., Inc
The car has new two-piece brake rotors and brake pads designed to allow for more efficient braking. The dampers have been updated for better ride comfort and stiffer rear bearings allow for better grip. The front suspension has been modified to reduce friction resulting in better steering feel.
In the cabin is a new Alcatara-wrapped steering wheel. The Type-R's shifter and knob have been restyled resulting in shorter throws.
Honda has added the Honda Sensing suite of safety and driver assistance technology to the Type-R, as it has with all Civic models and trim levels.
The 2020 Honda Civic Type-R goes on sale later this year.Photo courtesy of American Honda Motor Co., Inc
Additional information about the U.S.-spec 2020 Honda Civic Type R will be available closer to its on-sale date later this year.
- Honda celebrates 60 years in the U.S. with 15 builds at SEMA ... ›
- Acura wins IMSA title using same engine tech that's on dealership lots ›
- $89,900 race-ready Honda Civic Type R TC enters the ring for 2020 ... ›
- Honda Civic Type R breaks Suzuka track record - AutomotiveMap ›
- New Honda smartphone app logs driving data from your 2020 Civic Type R - AutomotiveMap ›
- Track-focused 2021 Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition making its way across the pond - AutomotiveMap ›